- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States.
- One person dies every 37 seconds in the US from cardiovascular disease.
- About 647,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.
- Heart disease costs the United States about $219 billion each year. This includes the cost of health care services, medicines, and lost productivity due to death.
- In the United States, someone has a heart attack every 40 seconds.
- Every year, about 805,000 Americans have a heart attack.
*According to the CDC